Thursday, April 16, 2009

How much does teeth cleaning cost?!!?

I really need to take my dogs for teeth cleaning but have been putting it off because im thinking its gonna cost alot! Anyone know the average cost of teeth cleaning? Would it be cheaper at petco or petsmart then a vet?

How much does teeth cleaning cost?!!?
When my dog had his cleaned last year, it was about $400 total. My boss%26#039; dog had her teeth cleaned and it was about $300.





They needed to do bloodwork, and my dog had to go under anesthesia, which most dogs would I think cuz they can%26#039;t really keep their mouth open like we do. So I%26#039;d want to make sure the vet is someone who is light with that procedure cuz it could be dangerous to the dog if not handled properly.





A link with some more advice better than I can give:


http://petcare.suite101.com/article.cfm/...
Reply:It depends. The vet is really the only place that you should have a teeth cleaning done. This is because the dog will need to be put under general anesthesia so they can actually get in there and clean the teeth properly. I don%26#039;t even think that petco or petsmart offer dental cleanings other then brushing the teeth. The cost all depends on where you live and how much your vet charges and what shape the teeth are in (whether any need to be extracted or not). The best thing you can do is shop around. Call the local vets in your area and see what they charge. Good luck



software reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment